What is Lasik? How Lasik Works What is Wavefront Lasik Alternatives Bladefree Lasik Vision ICL ICL-Implantable Collamer Lens Is Lasik Right for Me? What is Wavefront Wavefront Lasik surgery aims to achieve better vision than standard laser treatment or glasses and contact lenses. This gives the patient the benefit of having Super Vision, or vision beyond boundaries. It is customized to suit the individual’s eye. Custom LASIK or Custom Wavefront LASIK, treatment replaces ‘the one treatment fits all’ with a procedure that is tailored to the individual eye. While standard laser eye treatment (without Wavefront guidance) gives very high-quality results for the majority of patients, many peoples ‘eyes are not standard’. Their eyes might require a specially tailored treatment. Nature has designed the eye like an Optical System, similar to something like a telescope. When you see some object, light rays from that object pass through different layers of the eye and then create an image of that object. When light passes through different layers the rays are subject to being distorted by the imperfections found in the cornea and the lens. The distortions that are created are referred to as “aberrations.” The vast majority – 80% or more of these aberrations create common refractive errors, such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism, which can be treated glasses and contact lenses, or by Standard Laser Correction. The remaining 20% of optical aberrations are known as “higher order aberrations”. These are not corrected by Conventional or Standard Lasik treatment. Higher-order aberrations, cause the visual glare and halos that cause night vision problems and affect the quality of vision. It is seen in everyday life as glare experienced during night driving, surrounding car headlights, streetlights etc. To achieve a customized corneal shaping, the higher order aberrations are measured using a Wavefront analysis system called an Aberrometer. The Aberrometer System lets the surgeon see refractive aberrations in clear and accurate, rotating 3-D images. These cannot be seen by regular or standard testing. This information is then transferred to the laser system, thus achieving Customized Treatment designed to suit your eye. Advantage of Custom Lasik Surgery : Wavefront or Custom Lasik gives a big advantage to those with large pupils and poor night time vision. The optical performance of the eye is measured at each and every place on the cornea, including the part which is used when the pupil is large. Laser treatment is then programmed to each tiny part of the corneal surface so that every area of the cornea gets the best correction. Contrast sensitivity in low lighting levels is increased and the risk of developing night time halos and glare is greatly decreased. Videos LASIK TREATMENT AT RUSHABH EYE HOSPITAL, MUMBAI If you are looking for lasik treatment in Mumbai, Rushabh Eye Hospital is leading and most specialized eye hospital in Mumbai. We can help get your natural vision without glass our lasik surgery is done using one of the most technologically advanced and state of the art VISX STAR S4 IR Excimer Laser Systems. The first and only Lasik machine in Mumbai to offer Custom vision correction with Iris Registration, giving patients the chance to achieve exceptional visual clarity. Rushabh Eye Hospital has served lasik patients from around the globe. We have performed many lasik surgeries in India. TYPES OF Lasik Treatment Laser Vision Correction Wavefront Lasik Epi Lasik ICL Photos Wavefront Lasik surgery How Is LASIK Surgery Works? Lasik surgeon uses either a mechanical surgical tool called a microkeratome or a femtosecond laser to create a thin, circular flap in the cornea. The surgeon then folds back the hinged flap to access the underlying cornea and removes some corneal tissue using an excimer laser. This highly specialized laser uses a cool ultraviolet light beam to remove microscopic amounts of tissue from the cornea to reshape it so it more accurately focuses light on the retina for improved vision. After the laser reshapes the cornea, the flap is then laid back in place, covering the area where the corneal tissue was removed. Then the cornea is allowed to heal naturally. Laser eye surgery requires only topical anesthetic drops, and no bandages or stitches are required.